Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How secure are we?

I want you to type your name into a search engine and look at the “Images" section. Do you recognize any of the images?


Online Security

My names on Facebook and Vine are very long, “Lucas Michael-Angelo Davis." I decided to test how private my information was, so I typed my long name into Google. Sure enough, the first result was Facebook, and the second through sixth results were things related to Vine.
If our information is this easily accessed through a simple algorithmic search engine, how easily could someone hack your account and access your private information.
Right to Privacy?
My father works for the United States Government, and my electronic life is constantly observed. My electronic life includes: my blog, Facebook, YouTube, Vine, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. Because I have ties with the government, they feel the need to make sure I'm not giving information that my father may or may not have told me.
When was the last time a 21 year old citizen of the United States gave out secure information to non-citizens? Are we no longer given the right to privacy?
Every time your phone makes the excuse that it is searching for your location for more accurate weather forecasts, why it does that literally every hour? When Google or Yahoo uses your gps, it is logging your location into a giant data base, in which the government has full access to.
I do suffer from a minor bit of paranoia caused by the corrupt and unreliable governmental system formally known as the UNITED States of America. We cannot receive a firm assurance that we are secure if we have the government breathing down our necks.
If you live in the U.S., I'm sorry, if live you live outside of the U.S., this may still apply. Protect yourself from the hackers that aim to ruin your life as well the hackers that say they are here to protect you.
TRUST NO ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment