Saturday, August 16, 2014

Where have I gone?

So, it is apparent that I haven't posted anything insightful in quite some time. I have been producing music for fun and uploading the songs on the interweb! But, I have learned some things about my instincts.
 When I compose a song, I usually start off with a catchy sequence. From there, I add in instruments or percussion per “what feels right."
When I composed The Final Expedition of Sir Edmund Hillary, I started with the 80's synth bass and the “bereeng" synth. When I finished the first sequence I had the idea to make it into a movie soundtrack! This is were instincts come in.
When layering in the instruments, I probably repeated segments of the unfinished song 20 times each. I would rely on my instincts to work my way through, until the track appeared to compose itself.
They say the eyes are the window to the soul. Music is the pilot of emotions.
Sometimes I think my subconscious mind is psychic. (There is a tangent.) My subconscious is my instincts. It gives me warnings, suggestions, and help with music! As you have probably noticed by my posts, I talk about the subconscious mind a lot. Without the subconscious mind there wouldn't be art, music, pain, happiness, general creativity. We wouldn't be able to multitask or singletask. We would have a garbage truck full of information flowing in to our frontal lobe with nothing to separate out the lesser important stuff. The subconscious is the second processor, in our dual core computer!
Therefore, listen to your instincts, listen to your subconscious voice, because it is your brain talking to you!
P.S. I'm not crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment